Here you can find frequently asked questions about BLOCKALOT, the server dashboard hosted by the Landesmedienzentrum Baden-Württemberg (LMZ BW).
Access to BLOCKALOT
Once you have created a BLOCKALOTSpace, the port and server address for each BLOCKALOTSpace will be displayed on the respective tile. The server address for all BLOCKALOTSpaces is
Contact the Team
First you have to set up a BLOCKALOTSpace. To create user accounts for learners first choose your BLOCKALOTSpace and click on Manage. On the next page you may set the names for the learners’ accounts in the boxes below “Username”. It is important to note that the name(s) you enter here will be the name(s) your learners will use to log into Minetest. Therefore, please neither use learners' full names nor any identifiable names. Ideally, you would use pseudonyms to avoid that learners’ personal data is collected. An idea would be to choose usernames that match the project, for example, for a Romeo and Juliet project, just use the characters’ names from the novel. For each learner, type a name in one of the boxes. If there are not enough name boxes displayed you may change the number of boxes by clicking on the plus and minus button or by simply changing the number next to “number of accounts”. Once you've typed all learners' names, complete the action by clicking on Create Accounts. A PDF with an initial password for each new user will be generated automatically. The passwords for the learners’ accounts are stored only in this PDF file. Please make sure you save the PDF file to your computer. Learners can then use the login name and password from the PDF file to log into the BLOCKALOTSpaces through Minetest. When the learners log in for the first time they should change the password.
You could either use the translation function of your browser or copy the text into DeepL for translation.
- I will not destroy anything that others have built on purpose.
- I will not insult anyone in the chat. I will not write in CAPS and will not spam the chat.
- I will follow the administrators’ instructions. They are able to ban players from the server either temporarily or permanently after a warning.
- I have read the following notice and discussed it with my parents: This Minetest server is hosted on a dedicated Ubuntu Linux server of the company Hetzner located in Falkenstein (Germany).
If you do not agree please leave the server.
Responsible for data protection: Fabian Karg, LMZ Baden-Württemberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users are responsible for actions that are performed with their user accounts (see “Consequences of misuse”). Therefore, the password must be kept confidential.
- It is prohibited to create, send or link to pornographic, violent, defamatory, discriminatory, degrading, insulting or racist content or any other content that contradicts the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- The Minetest server may not be used to disseminate information that may harm the reputation of the participating users, the schools or the country.
- If a user discovers misuse by others the LMZ must be notified.
- Users agree to comply with the following rules of the game:
- Others' buildings will not be destroyed maliciously.
- No one will be insulted in the chat. Writing in CAPS and spamming is forbidden in the chat.
- The administrators’ instructions are to be followed. They are authorized to ban players from the server either temporarily or permanently after a warning.
- Griefing is prohibited. Griefing includes, for example:
- Placing lava or water on other people's property
- Destroying other people's buildings
- Building in front of building entrances
- Defacing the landscape
- Any kind of theft
- Killing other people’s animals.
Use of the service & fees
The use is currently free of charge.